Android 4.1.2 jelly bean based CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) custom ROM now available for the HTC one X. HTC confirm this device receive android 4.1 jelly bean update, but they’re not mention exact date. Now you can test jelly bean ROM features using this CM10. This ROM not available Google apps such as play store, Gmail, Google calender etc. Therefore you have to install Gapps zip file separately. When i writing this post (7/31/2012), it still nightly version, not a stable mod.
Cyanogen is a community based android custom ROM developing team. When I’m writing this post, this ROM released as a preview version. Therefore there may be bugs. Before follow this guide you have to root ,unlock the bootloader and install clockworkmod recovery on your device.
Rooting, unlocking boot loader, flashing custom ROM void your phone warranty. If your device bricked by following this guide, i can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Root the phone. [Guide here]
- Unlock the bootloader.[Guide here]
- Install ClockworkMod recovery.[Guide here]
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
How to install HTC One X Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM
- Copy downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file and Gapps into your HTC one X internal memory.
- Extract downloaded fastboot.zip file. Copy downloaded “boot.img” file into the fastboot folder.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Before install the new ROM its better backup existing ROM, Better thing is to make a nandroid backup. To do that go to “Backup and restore>backup”.
- After backup completed, factory reset by using CWM. In the recovery navigate “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – delete all user data”
- Wipe cache partitions (wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache)
- Wipe dalvik-cache (advanced>wipe dalvik-cache>Yes- Wipe Dalvik Cache)
- Now install the ROM, by navigating “install zip from the sd card>choose zip from the sd card” and select the downloaded ROM zip file in your external memory.
- After ROM installation completed again flash Gapps using above method (choose zip from SD card)
- After installation competed power off the phone.
- Enable bootloader mode. To do that turn on and press and hold “volume down and power” buttons.(in the bootloader mode using volume keys for navigation and power button for selection)
- In the bootloader menu select “fastboot”.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB cable.
- Now open the fastboot folder. Press and hold the shift key in your key board and same time right click inside the folder. In the windows context menu click “Open command prompt here”
- Type/copy paste following command line in the CMD window.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the installation. After that type following command in the CMD window.
fastboot erase cache
- After that type following command.
- Now your phone reboot with android 4.1 jelly bean CyanogenMod 10 ROM.
- Install official ClockworkMod touch recovery on HTC One X, One S.
- Flash custom ROM on HTC one X easily.
- Root HTC One X easily with Windows, Linux, Mac computer.
- Install CyanogenMod 10 Samsung galaxy Gio GT-S5660.
- Install CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) custom ROM On Sony Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Live With Walkman, Active.