This post I’m going to show you, how to remove Sony Xperia phone bloatware. Before we get started we need to know what are these apps. Most of the android phone manufacture add unnecessary applications to their smartphones. We call them bloatware.
As a result of these apps, our phone’s performances reduce. If you need to completely remove them and free-up your phone internal memory, the better thing is remove their APK files. To do that you need root access. If don’t have root permission and have android 4 ICS, we posted how to remove android bloatware without root, you can follow that guide.
- Install CWM Recovery
- Install ADB drivers [ Guide in here ]
- Rooted phone [ Guide in here ]
- Backup system apps[ Guide in here ].
- Bloatware removal toolkit in here
- This method will voids the warranty.
Remove Xperia Ray, Arc, Arc s, Neo, Neo V, Mini, Mini pro, Live With Walkman, Active Bloatware Apps.
- Fully back your entire phone, including system apps
- Enable USB Debugging ( ICS ROM:- Settings>Developer options, GB ROM:- Settings>Application>Development).
- Connect phone into the computer
- Extract downloaded toolkit
- Run the “Bloatware remover for xperia.exe” file
- Hit any key on your keyboard
- Now your phone will be booted into the clockworkmod recovery
- Now windows command promote will be display further instructions to follow
- Finally when you receive “Bloatware removed” message, reboot the phone and use it.
This tool automatically removes all the Sony unwanted apps, apart from that you can remove Facebook, YouTube, Widgets, Timescape etc bloatware manually. Sometime you may like manufacture pre-loaded app, if this tool removed any app that you need, use the backup and restore selected app.
[via: XDA forum]
- Easily install android adb drivers on windows PC.
- How to use Google maps offline.
- Root Xperia sola phone.
- Root Arc s, Neo v, Ray phone.
- Update Xperia Mini, Mini pro, Live with walkman, Neo, Arc, Pro to ICS.