How to install Android 4.0.4 ICS based CM 9.1 ROM on Galaxy Note? Now you come to the right place. Cyanogen is a popular custom ROM development team. Their CyanogenMod 9.1 now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
Just simple steps you can install this ROM on your phone. However its not include any Google’s apps (GApps) such as gmail, search, Play store etc. But you can separately install them. Samsung already released ICS 4.0.3 firmware for Galaxy note, but it contains few bugs, as a result of that your device can be totally bricked. This post I’m going to show you how to install CyanogenMod 9 first time on your Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
- Make sure that you’re not using leaked ICS repacked for i9220. If you are running that ROM again install stock Gingerbread by using ODIN.
- If you use the Samsung ICS LPY kernel, its better first flash gingerbread ROM and flash CM9 to avoid bard-brick your device.
- Installed ClockworkMod Recovery [ CWM]
- Charge your device minimum 50%.
- Backup internal memory [Guide in here].
- Backup EFS folder [ Guide in here ].
- Use volume keys for navigation
- Use Power button for select options
How to install Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android 4.0.4 ICS CM9.1 ROM.
- Transfer downloaded GApps and CM9.1 ZIPs into your Galaxy note’s internal SD Card
- Shut down the phone
- Boot into the recovery mode by press and hold “Volume up”, “Home” and “Power buttons” together.
- Using CWM perform a backup, go to “Backup and restore>Backup”. It will save SD card.
- Factory resets your device, to do that go to ”Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”.
- Now Wipe cache partitions, to do that navigate to the “Wipe Cache > Yes”
- On the clockwork mod go to “Install zip from SD card” and select “Choose zip from SD card”
- Choose “CM9 zip” ROM file on your SD card and confirm the installation by selecting “Yes-Install…….”
- After the installation finished go back
- Navigate to the “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card”
- Select “GApps.zip” and confirm installation by selecting “Yes install…”.
- Restart your phone by selecting “Reboot system now” on the clockwork mod main menu.
- It’s not recommended to restore apps apk files using your old backup.